3. Our Information Collection Practices. The types of Personal Information that we receive and use:
(a) Information you transmit to us. We collect and for a period of time we store certain information that you send to us when using this website, including Personal Information, whether by asking for information or otherwise. It is always your choice whether to provide any such information, but if you do not supply some items of requested Personal Information, some features or services may not be available to you. You may also be asked to respond to additional questions to help us meet your needs, and if you request that materials be sent directly from us or our designee to an individual other than yourself, you will also be asked to submit information about that individual.
(b) Automatically Collected Information. When you visit this website to register with us (if that option is offered), or simply to browse, read or download information, we may automatically collect and store the following types of non-personally identifiable information received from you: (i) information from server logs found on your browser; (ii) click-through statistics; (iii) your IP address; (iv) the type of web browser you are using to access this website; (v) the type of operating system you are using; (vi) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; (vii) the date and time you access this website; (viii) the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to this website; and, for subscribers of electronic newsletters, any additional Personal Information supplied by the subscribers. Automatically collected information of that kind typically provides us with a greater understanding regarding the use of this website, including which pages are the most popular with our visitors. That information also allows us to determine if this website is working properly and to make changes to this website that allows users to have better experiences on this website. We collect that information and track it for statistical purposes: we do not use it to identify or to market to a particular user.
(c) Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources that we believe have rights to provide that information to us, and we may add it to our Personal Information.
4. If you don’t Provide Personal Information. You can use this website without providing any Personal Information. However, in order to take advantage of the full capabilities of this website and to obtain access to, and use of, many of the features found on this website, including placing orders for products offered for sale on this website, you must provide certain Personal Information. For example, we may ask for your email address so that we can send you product information or to answer questions about products; if you do not provide that email address, we will not be able to send you that information. You may need to also provide Personal Information when you participate in various services and promotions made available via this website.
7. Business Uses of Information. Beiersdorf uses or may later elect to use Personal Information you provide to us: (a) for login and marketing purposes; (b) to provide the products or services that you have ordered or requested; (c) to allow you to participate in surveys and sweepstakes, contests and other promotions; (d) to provide customer service and respond to your requests and inquiries; (e) to protect both you and us against error and fraud; (f) to send information and product and service alerts; and (g) to record usage of this website. In addition, we may use your Personal Information to customize advertising and marketing information regarding our products and services, to contact you regarding our products and services, to enhance product and service offerings, and to fulfill promotions. You may also be asked whether you wish to receive information from third parties; upon your consent, Beiersdorf or those third parties may use your Personal Information to contact you.
8. Service Providers and Vendors. We may also share your Personal Information with certain third parties that perform services for us. Those third parties may host this website, operate certain features on this website, print or send mailings, authorize and process your payments, provide customer service, analyze data and assist in fulfilling your orders, send e-mails on our behalf, or otherwise assist us with the operation of this website. Those third parties are not authorized to use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than to perform the services designated by us.
10. Consent to Processing and Transfers of Information. As part of its business operations, Beiersdorf may transfer information that you send to us, including, without limitation, Personal Information, to recipients in countries that do not provide the same level of legal data protection as the country from which you access this website. By using this website, you consent to those transfers and to the processing by Beiersdorf of that information.
11. Notice for Parents. This website is considered to be a general audience site and is not intended for use by children. Beiersdorf does not sell products that are intended for purchase by children and does not intend to collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of thirteen. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided Personal Information to us, please inform us as provided under Section 14 (“Managing Your Information”), and we will delete that Personal Information.
15. Managing Preferences. When you ask us to do so by contacting us as provided in Section 17 (“Contact Us), you will have an opportunity to opt out of receiving information from us that you might earlier have requested or agreed to receive. Please note that removal of Personal Information from our database or “opting-out” will not stop marketing or advertising content that is generated for distribution or is otherwise queued for transmission to you prior to the time when we can implement your request.
17. Contact us. If you have questions regarding your privacy on this website, you can reach a Consumer Relations representative by telephoning 1-800-227-4703 or faxing 1-203-563-5940. You may also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: October 1, 2009
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we do not share your Personal information with third parties for use in direct marketing by them to you. To make such a request, please write us at: email@example.com.